Girl Scout Summer Camp Employment
Each year, Girl Scouts of Greater Mississippi hires seasonal employees throughout the Greater Mississippi region to bring the magic of summer camp to girls. Girl Scouts of Greater Mississippi serves over 400 girls each summer through our resident and troop camps, all designed to provide an atmosphere where girls build courage, confidence and character. Under the guidance of our talented staff, campers participate in activities that boost self-esteem, develop skills, enhance teamwork — all while having fun making memories of a lifetime.
What can camp do for you?
Campers are not the only ones who benefit from camp. As a staff member, you will gain amazing experience you can use throughout your entire life.
- Develop or improve positive communication skills
- Allow you to be a positive role model
- Teach flexibility while working under pressure
- Foster team-building and cooperation skills
- Provide connections and networking opportunities.
- Develop personal and inter-personal skills
- Teach responsibility and accountability
- Provide hands-on experience working with girls ages 5-17
Do you have what it takes?
Working at camp is one of the most rewarding— yet most difficult— jobs you will ever have. You’ll think like an adult, but play like a kid while building courage, confidence and character in not only in our campers but yourself.
How to join our Girl Scout Summer Camp?
- Complete an application and submit to the Camp Director.
- Provide at least 3 good employment references with reference form to send in.
- Have an interview with Camp Director.
- If selected, pass criminal background check.
You must be at least 18 years of age to be employed as camp staff. Applications are being accepted until April 1, 2017.
Complete and Return To:
ATTN: Girl Program Director
Girl Scouts of Greater Mississippi
1471 West County Line Road
Jackson, MS 39213
Fax to 601.326.7646