Women of Distinction
Women of Distinction is part of a national Girl Scout program that celebrates the achievements of women. Our honorees are women whose personal and professional accomplishments make them positive role models who inspire girls to acheve their own goals and dreams. They exemplify the Girl Scout Promise and Law through ethical leadership and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of their fellow citizens through community service.
If you would like to nominate a Woman of Distinction, click here to download the selection criteria and nomination form.
Funds raised through Women of Distinction events help to extend Girl Scouting to underserved communties and increase service to local troops. It enables Girl Scouts of Greater Mississippi to provide exciting, engaging and educational programs and to offer financial assistance to girls who otherwise would not be able to participate in Girl Scout activities, opportunities, events or adventures.
Parents and Kids Magazine
2015 Capital Area Women of Distinction
- First Lady Deborah Bryant: State of Mississippi
- Carol Biedenharn: Independent Business Owner
- LoRose Hunter: Assistant Vice President, Regions at Work Coordinator, South Region
- Janet Scott: Executive Director, Greater Jackson Arts Council
- LouAnn Woodward, M.D.: Vice-Chancellor for Health Affairs, University of Mississippi Medical Center/Dean of the University of Mississippi School of Medicine
2014 Capital Area Women of Distinction
- Dr. Beverly Wade Hogan, President of Tougaloo College
- Beth Kellogg, President of Creative Partners Public Relations
- Holly Lange, Community Volunteer
- Leigh Reeves, President of Snapshot Publishing
- Charlotte Seals, Associate Superintendent, Madison County Schools and Community Volunteer
- Trish Windham, Active Community Volunteer
2014 Pine Belt Area Women of Distinction
- Judge Dawn Beam, 10th District Chancery Judge
- Angela Hilbun Collins, Southeast Regional Manager with the MS Development Authority
- Beverly Dale, PhD, Social Advocate and Philanthropist
- Dr. Melinda Grey Lucas, Dentist Oak Grove Family Dentistry
- Robin J. Robinson, Director of Organization Development and Corporate Communication, Sanderson Farms, Inc.
If you are interested in becoming a community partner and friend to the Girl Scouts by joining our Pine Belt Area Leadership Council contact LaShaunda Rene, Fund Development Director, at 601-326-5653.